Chrissie Thomas’ special interest is in the treatment of chronic pain. This includes soft tissue pathologies and other related pain conditions.
The benefits of massage include
- Improved circulation in tissues which speeds up the healing process (muscle/tendon/ligament strains and scar tissue)
- Relief for tight muscles and increased joint mobility/flexibility
- Reduction in pain
- Decrease of tension in the entire body
- Reduction of stress levels
Treatment modalities include:
- Chinese Medical Massage – Rolling, Compressing, Kneading, Rubbing, Pinching, Pulling Stretching etc.
- Cupping – The use of suction cups applied to soft tissue to expand blood vessels and therefore improve blood supply to specific areas
- Myofascial Release techniques – Fascial manipulations
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot Stone Therapy