George Stocker’s interests include sports injuries and helping to get people back active after injury. George offers both injury treatment sessions where he can help assess and treat your injury as well as sports massage to help promote tissue healing and prevent injuries.
- Safely assess and diagnose injuries
- Provide appropriate hands on treatment utilising massage, mobilisations, athletic taping and other modalities to best treat the injury.
- Provide exercise programmes that can help target and provide adequate load to the effected tissues
- Form effective home exercise plans to aid in your recovery between sessions.
- Evidence based injury advice and appropriate progression
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Sports massages can help promote soft tissue healing, helping muscles to heal and keep them in prime condition.
- It can help to increase range of motion utilising several techniques to help reduce tone and increase muscle length.
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste products by increasing metabolic flow.
- Massage can also be beneficial in the acute setting to reduce swelling and pain as it promotes blood flow.
- Sports massage isn’t just useful in injury treatment but is also key in injury prevention and helps keep your muscles in tip top condition
Massage Treatments Utilised
- Deep tissue massage
- Cross fibre friction
- Trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release
- PNF ( Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation ) stretching