Emily Smith sees a complete range of clients of different backgrounds and ages. Treating injury recovery to maintenance massage, gardeners with back strain to children with growing pains, office workers to professional athletes and tailors each treatment to the individual.
Soft Tissue Therapy
Soft Tissue Therapy is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury. Soft Tissue does not mean these techniques are necessarily ‘soft’ but that they treat damage to the soft tissues.
The techniques used by soft tissue therapists have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given.
Soft Tissue Therapy may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation